Thursday, February 22, 2018

T-Minus Three Days

I actually blast off tomorrow but the stats on my travel get me to Johannesburg Saturday at 10 pm. It goes something like this . . .

  • Leave Friday at 945 am from Seattle and Arrive JHB at 10 pm Saturday so that’s ~ 36 hours.
  • 10 time zones so subtract 10 hours travel time = 26 hours
  • 5 hours in two airports, Calgary and Amsterdam, yup it’s the milk run ‘cause I used Delta miles. These two fine cities are, well, north and South Africa is, of course, south! So subtract 5 hours = 21 hours
  • So I’m 21 hours flying on three different airplanes . . . That’s a long time.
Bose headphones - check
Stephen Lawhead’s The Mystic Rose - check
Tylenol PM, for sleeping I hope - check
Snacks - check

Hope they have some good movies too . . . 

Currently washing clothes, getting my bike stuff together (more about that later) and paying bills. 

What am I forgetting? Ideas appreciated in the comment section. Let’s make this an interactive experience.


1 comment:

  1. Too bad you cannot bike in the Calgary airport. It has some exceedingly long concourses but if you are changing to the same airline you may not get to enjoy the long walks. God speed and bless every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete