Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Day 3 - Yabus

A deep throated croaking rises from the Yabus river. The bullfrog chorus has begun. Crickets ratchet the refrain. They are an accompaniment to the chanted choruses of the students at Yabus Secondary School. I joined their worship tonight for a short time. It was easy to distinguish the melody . . . What a Friend We Have In Jesus . . . but the words were foreign to me. They invited me to sit down and join the circle. I don't understand the joy I see in their faces highlighted by flashlights. Their life and land is torn by years of war. Yet, they sing with joy of God. Education is their hope for a better future. Phalice and these teachers are bringing that chance to these adult men so they can go back to their families and villiages as capable leaders. The children of the next generation like the ones in the pictures yesterday will be the benafactors of this great work.

I'm feeling much better today. I think a combination of jet lag, not sleeping on the plane(s), and the heat here was not a good one for my health at least temporarily. That's all for now . . .

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are feeling better in order to experience all God has for you in this land full of hope for future generations.

    ReplyDelete