Friday, February 13, 2009

London

On the ground in London right on time . . . already checked in for the next leg.

London time is 8 am . . . Seattle time should be around midnight, I think.

My cold is better, thankfully no altitude issues. I'll be glad to give Phalice her new laptop. Carrying two computers, plus an extra battery, is HEAVY. At least at Heathrow security, you don't have to take them out of the backpack.

According to the count down I should be on the ground in Africa in under 19 1/2 hours.

One more thing, no one has a laptop out at this airport. There's a wall of about 8 desktop computers from which you can pay to get on the Internet, and about 1/2 are in use. In Chicago I discovered GoBoingo, a WiFi service. A month's subscription is under $10. When I paid my money it downloaded a little program to logon. Seems to work fine at Heathrow!!

Oops one more, one more thing. A Skinny Carmel Macchiato from Starbucks tastes exactly the same as in Bellevue.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the updates - it's already been fun to check in every day, and you're not even there yet! Once again, I'm envious of your great adventure, and can't wait to see it unfold. Our prayers are with you!

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi honey!
    Spokane is snowy, sunny and there is a lot of great music here.
    I am glad your trip has gone well so far.
    You are in my prayers.
    C

    ReplyDelete