Sunday, February 22, 2009

DAY 7 - Sunday: Church in Yabus

We joined the Mabaan church service in Yabus today. I was asked to sit in the front. They sang for at least an hour. Part way through I was asked to introduce myself, tell where I was from, about my family, and bring greetings from my home church. Thankfully I was warned about this in advance. I did bring greetings from the church on Mercer Island to the church in Yabus. At the end of the service I was ushered out with the elders and we made a big circle. Everyone came around and shook my hand. The singing and dancing continued. Check out the video to get an idea (couldn't get the video to upload but will try again tomorrow).

We relaxed the rest of the day and later in the afternoon took a hike to the very first SIM compound build here in the 50's. All that was left was a few concrete slabs and a flowering Bougainvilla. Apparently missionaries plant it when they start a new project. It is very hearty. The plant is still at the old compound after 50 years. It has pink flowers. We hope to start some at this location.

Grace and peace,

No comments:

Post a Comment