Saturday, February 21, 2009

Day 6 - Saturday, No School Today


Today there was no school so I relaxed . . . some of the time.


For part of the day I did recovery work in Phalice's garden. You can see the before (on the right) and the after (on the left). I rescued the squash and melon plants from the grass. We moved the platform from somewhere else, so when the fruit comes, it can be raised off the ground away from things that eat it (including chickens). Oh yes, if you look carefully, you'll notice something around each of those plants. I used my background in farming to round up donkey droppings. They were very dry and easy to pick up. I made a nice mulch out of dry grass and donkey manure. I'm glad I brought gloves! :)


The students relaxed by playing soccer. The Sudanese say soccer, not football. It was too hot for me to run around like that.


The end of another day in Yabus. I don't know what kind of bird that is but I caught a pretty good shot as the sun was setting.

Grace and peace,

2 comments:

  1. Tim, Just finished reading your entire Africa blog from the start. What an incredible journey - thanks for sharing. I'm praying that you will quickly adapt to the heat and for some relief from it. I know how hard that can be from my trip to Peru. God bless you. Love to Phalice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim, you will be playing soccer in no time. Steve and I know how quickly you can adapt!! And your farming practices?? Perfect!! Nothing like good donkey manure! Give Phalice our best! She is one amazing woman! Love, Steve and Terry

    ReplyDelete